Sunday, March 30, 2014

AnnAKa - Pa Quiltelaup

Having had the pattern for AnnAKa's Pa Quiltelaup for sometime and following on from my Annas Sminkepung marathon I really wanted to have ago, but again, sadly, the instructions were in Norwegian.  My friend Margaret of Solstitches and I decided to have a "bag-a-long" and, thanks to her, my bag is finally completed.

The stripe and flower fabrics are by Westminster for Kaffe Fassett and have been taken from my stash whilst the lovely Stoff  brown/green lining, strapping and handles fabric was purchased specially for this project as was the small amounts of purple and lilac for the prairie points - Spraytime from The Henley Studio for Makower.  Fabric wise, I thought it was quite a greedy bag.


Margaret said she was going to have a go at inside zip and slip pockets and, not to let the side down, I followed suit.  The instructions were taken from Perfect Quilted Totes by Elizabeth Hartman and you will see the result.  Apologies for the poor photo, but my camera was pointed into the bag!  Yes, yes I could have turned the bag inside out or photographed the pockets before making up the lining - next time?  Margaret and I are delighted with our bags and feel sure we will use this method again.  





7 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your bag Carol and think your fabric choice just perfect for the job.
    I'm laughing at the thought of a "greedy bag" but yes, it did seem to gobble up the fabric. Not that I'm complaining as I had wanted mine gone from my stash for years.
    I have to say our bag-a-long was a fun sewing experience and I look forward to the next.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As do I, it was fun indeed until you had your nasty accident.
      C x

      Delete
  2. I am laughing at the term "bag-a-long" as it reminds me of schlepping bags through the airport before those nifty roller bags.

    You have stitched this bag proud! So lovely, as are all your bags!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to live up to my image of The Bag Lady.

      Delete
  3. I love this bag! Do you know where the pattern can be purchased? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sheila - mine came from Lapp-Elisa's in Sweden. I've had a look on their website, but don't see this particular Ann AKa pattern, however they are very helpful and it's worth contacting them - questions@lapp-eliza.com. Hope your search is successful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the pattern, from Lapp-Elisa's and trying to translate to English using Google and some of the words just won't make sense, but can't wait to try, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete